When you choose a bowler, there are two parameters you are paying attention to: ball speed and throw accuracy. You will be prompted to select with a mouse one out of three players offered. Here we have Rawalpindi Express, Mohammed Mischief and Shame Warne. All of them have a remarkable backgrounds and are outstanding bowlers. Rawalindi is a former Pakistani cricketer (real name: Shoaib Akhtar) who was claimed to be as one of the worlds fastest bowlers in modern history of cricket. Mohammed throws ball at 145 km/h with accuracy level of 7.75 out of 10. What do you think. what is the average fast bowling speed in cricket on professional level? The answer is 130km/h to 150km/h. Top speed is 100mph or 160km/h. Speeds are much lower for say looping spinners. Shame Warner is a former Australian international cricketer who was known as the greatest bowler in Autralia. His top speeds are a little bit lower 141 km/h, but with great accuracy of 85%
Ball type selection
There are three types of delivery you can choose from:
- googly: Also called Bosie(Bosey) Type of ball delivery bowled by a right armed leg spin bowler. How to bowl a googly? Here's a good explanation right here: http://www.pitchvision.com/how-to-bowl-a-googly
- leg spin: Leg spinner bowls right-arm with a wrist spin action (source wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leg_spin)
- flipper: Type of a back spin ball deliverd by a leg spin bowler.
How to play
The game is pretty much well explained in in-game help (Instructions screen).
- 1. First Select the bowler for the next round. You can see his name at the bottom of the screen. You should also select the ball type as previously explained.
- 2. Time to pitch is restricted to approximatly 5 seconds. It starts counting down at the moment you either select new bowler or press [spacebar] to continue. If you do not deliver the ball before the time runs out the Umpire will call a dead ball.
- 3. Use [left] and [right] arrow keys to move a selection square right in front of the batsman to set the point of delivery i.e. where the ball is going to be pitched.
- 4. Keep tapping [up] arrow key to generate pace, i.e. the maximum speed of the ball, untill you reach the 'Booster' level.
- 5. You must press [spacebar] again to release the ball at right moment.